Every girl has been there. You leave the house and you feel amazing. You've got a stylish dress on, you're having a great hair day and your makeup looks like perfection. And your shoes? Well, they're fabulous, of course. And they feel great. So you head out, you have a couple of drinks and you dance the night away. But midnight hits and your toes start to feel a little numb. You wish that, maybe, the heel wasn't so high. And by 2 a.m., you've taken a seat at your VIP table and your friends are having all of the fun. So you kick off your shoes and, before you know it, you're back out on the dance floor, amongst the spilled drinks, where the soles of so many shoes have walked before you, not caring as the #Selfie song blares from the sound system and your girlfriends rally around you, lying to your face that they're not completely embarrassed you've gone barefoot (and it's not even 4 a.m.). It's not long before you're calling a cab, fingers pronged into the ankle straps of those once fabulous shoes, not even realizing the recovery your precious feet will need tomorrow.
So how do you not end up the shoeless girl at the end of the night? Follow our LEX Style Experts' helpful tips to finding the perfect shoes to dance the night away.
1. If heels aren't normally your thing, opt for a shorter heel and, perhaps, something with a round toe or open toe. These styles allow for a little more "wiggle room" for your toes. Just make sure if you're going open-toed, your feet are nicely manicured.
2. Practice makes perfect and that is no different with shoes. With new shoes, come new pain so wear those puppies around (even if it's just around your house). Wearing your shoes in a bit helps to make them a little more comfortable for future usage.
3. You don't wear the same clothes two days in a row so why would you do that with shoes? Even if the reasons are different, wearing the same shoes two days in a row tends to re-establish those same pains you felt the day before.
4. If you can't walk in them, you probably can't dance in them. This goes back to our practice makes perfect tip but there's no sense in trying to wear a sky high pair of stillettos unless you're Carrie Bradshaw. Make suer you feel comfortable in what you're wearing. Confidence is always key when it comes to making a fashion statement.
5. They might be your favorite pair. They've seen every breakup, every birthday/sorority/formal/bachelorette party and the go with everything in your closet. But if they hurt every time you wear them, well, history does tend to repeat itself.
6. Alright, maybe the last tip made you want to cry. So if you refuse to let go of those soles that have become part of your soul, try the top-rated high heel and insole inserts by Dr. Scholl's, DreamWalk. They're a lifesaver (for you and your shoes).
Beauty before comfort only goes so far. You may want to have the best pair of shoes in the club but they'll only be beautiful as long as they're on your feet. Follow these trusty tips from our LEX style experts and you'll be ready for an unforgettable night.